Terms & Policies
CURRENT STUDENTS: As of February 1, 2018, our policies have changed. For questions, please contact the Director.
- REGULAR TERM is based on a school year, from September through early June. Enrollment in a class is for the whole term. (See below for information on our DROP POLICY.)
- PRIVATE LESSONS are offered year-round, and enrollment is continuous until you submit written notice, in accordance with our 4-week DROP policy.
- SUMMER TERM begins in June and ends mid-August, with varied class schedules.
- REGULAR TERM CLASSES will include monthly Tuition, Family Registration Fee, and Materials Fee, due before the first class. The total tuition for the nine-month term is divided into equal payments, to be paid monthly, without regard to the number of classes per month. Students who enroll after the start of a month will have their first month’s tuition pro-rated. A 5% discount is offered for paying the full year of tuition in September, however the discount is forfeited if the student withdraws before the end of the term.
- ONGOING PRIVATE LESSONS require monthly Tuition, and Family Registration Fee, which is due before the first lesson. The tuition is based on the total number of lessons for the calendar year, divided into equal payments, to be paid monthly, without regard to the number of lessons per month. (See below for information on VACATION DATES and MAKEUPS)
- WORKSHOPS, CAMPS, SUMMER CLASSES, BAND require full Tuition payment and Registration Fee due before the first class. In some cases, we may accept half the tuition before the class starts, with the remaining balance to be paid on the first day of class.
- Registration Fees are non-refundable, and due upon enrollment.
- FOR NEW PRIVATE LESSONS: $40 Family Registration Fee is charged upon enrollment.
- FOR SUMMER CLASSES: $20 is charged per student, per class. $0 for Active Students
- FOR REGULAR TERM CLASSES: $40 Family Registration Fee qualifies each member of the household as an Active Student, and allows you to register in Regular Term, Summer Classes, Vacation Camps, and Workshops for the year.
- ADVENTURES, KALEIDOSCOPE, PATHWAYS, YOUNG MUSICIANS classes require a Materials Fee which covers all materials for the term. Adventures and Kaleidoscope will also include a Production Fee.
- OTHER CLASSES or PRIVATE LESSONS will include individual Materials Fees which will be charged separately as materials are issued. Some classes include a Costume Purchase or Rental Fee.
- Replacements for lost copies may incur additional charges.
- $15.00 for balances 30-60 days past due
- $30.00 for balances 61-90 days past due
- $60.00 for balances over 90 days past due
- Returned checks will incur a $25.00 charge
PAYMENT METHODS AND BILLING
- Monthly invoices are sent via email, and can be paid online by clicking through the email and making a credit card payment through your account.
- You can view your account and make payments anytime by clicking through the MY ACCOUNT link on our website: themusicschool.org.
- Check or cash may be submitted to the office. Receipts are not issued unless the request is made in person.
- We recommend signing up for AUTO-PAY using a saved credit card, which will charge your monthly tuition on the first of each month. We will not use your saved credit card for additional fees or purchases without your permission.
- Additional fees will be invoiced and sent to you via email.
- To make a payment or manage your account online, click here:
- Vacation dates are listed on the calendar on the website: themusicschool.org/calendar
- Includes Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, Holiday Break, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Spring Break, and Memorial Day.
- Monday students receive fewer classes and lessons due to frequent holidays.
- Make-up classes are not offered for student absences. The teachers are very careful to make up the material when your student returns.
- Private Lesson teachers will arrange make-ups for lessons missed by the teacher only. Any lessons not made up will be credited from your August tuition. We do not offer make-ups for student absences, with the exception of some special circumstances.
- 4-WEEK DROP NOTICE can be given at any time of the year. Notice must be given in writing, from the student or parent. Forms are available in the office.
- Tuition charges are applied throughout the duration of the DROP period.
- During the DROP period, students are encouraged to continue attending classes and lessons, and in many cases may be re-enrolled at your request at no additional cost.
- Unexplained absences of 6 or more will result in a DROP from the Music School office, with charges applied for the missed lessons.
- Tuition refunds are available only with written request stating the reason, and must be approved by the Director.
- Full tuition refunds are only available if the student withdraws before the class has begun.
- We may use your students’ photo without their name on our website, in performance videos, and in publications.
- We will assume we have your permission to do so unless you inform us otherwise.