- CONGRATULATIONS to the cast and crew of “Treasure Island” on a fantastic weekend of performances! We are really proud of our kids’ professionalism and dedication, and grateful for the amount of parent support. We had some amazing volunteers, including Kristen Moriarty, Bill and Marilyn Kunz, Yi Sim Chen, Jonathan Ronquillo, Irina Bondar, Pam Prodromou, and so many more! Special thanks to Mountain View High School Choirs for sponsoring the show, as well as Kid to Kid and Suz McFadden Photo.
- THANK YOU for the terrific participation in our first Online Auction, and big thanks to Deb Czyzewski for managing it all! We really appreciate all the personal donations, as well as the businesses, which are posted on the outdoor bulletin board and on the website.
- RECITALS are this week Monday 6/4 at 5:00 and 6:30, Tuesday 6/5 at 5:00, Wednesday 6/6 at 6:30, Thursday 6/7 at 5:00, Friday 6/8 at 5:00 and 6:30, and Saturday 6/9 at 11:00. If you are unclear of your recital assignment, please contact us right away. Best of luck to all the performers!
- POPS CONCERT is this Friday 6/8 at 7:30 in Fellowship Hall, featuring Singing Children and Entertainers. No admission fee, just come and enjoy the music!
- PATHWAYS/YOUNG MUSICIANS celebrations are this week Monday 6/4, Thursday 6/7 and Saturday 6/9 during class time.
- OPEN HOUSE THIS SATURDAY JUNE 9TH 5:00 – 8:00 PM is open to current families, friends and prospective students. There will be a taco truck, musical crafts, and performances by our students and faculty! We hope you will consider bringing guests who might be interested in learning more about our classes and lessons! See Chantelle if you are interested in having your child perform at this event.
- REGISTRATION is open for Summer and Fall classes, camps and workshops. Check out https://themusicschool.org/courses/. We have Saturday Pathways, Adventures and Kaleidoscope, fantastically creative morning camps for kids age 4 and up, Summer Theater for grades 1-6, and “High School Musical Jr” for grades 7-12, plus Rock Academy and Group Piano for Adults! If you are considering Private Lessons, summer is a great time to sign up, as we have many openings to choose from then. We’re happy to talk to you about recommendations for your child, so stop by our office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- END OF TERM for classes is June 9th. Private Students who have selected Ongoing Enrollment will continue with no pause. Private Students not continuing through the summer will finish after June 4-9th recitals, and will re-enroll in August via phone or email.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR GRADUATES:
Sydney Keller, Fremont High SchooL
Emily Wright, Fremont High School
Natalie Standridge, Monta Vista High School
Alexander Wong, Homestead High School
Peyton White, Mountain View High School
Katie Newton, Fremont High School
Nihar Srinkantappa, Monta Vista High School
Sam Shinnick, Bachelor of Music, San Jose State University
Kristen Moriarty, Doctorate of Education, University of Bath
- MTAC PARTICIPANTS: Congratulations to our piano students Chase Wang, Corey Wang, Kenneth Lin, and their devoted teacher Anna Turkova, for their impressive placements in yesterday’s MTAC Adjudication Recital! Chase Wang performed Chopin’s “Minute Waltz”, and placed 2nd in the 10-12 year-old division. Corey Wang took 3rd place in the 13-14 year-old division with Chopin’s “Nocturne”, and Kenneth Lin placed 1st in the 15-17 year-old division with Brahms’ “Rhapsody”. Well done!
- SUMMER PERFORMANCE details will be posted on Facebook, on our website, and on the display board outside our office. Mark your calendars for June 29th 7:00 pm “High School Musical Jr” and July 27th and 28th 7:00 pm Summer Theater Production. All events in the Phoenix Center Bldg 700.
- NO CLIMBING IN THE TREE please! Our beautiful tree is very tempting, but our students have gotten too brave and are venturing up too high and on limbs that are not strong enough to support their weight. For the safety of our children and the health of our tree, please help us enforce this new rule!
- HAVE YOU LIKED us on Facebook? Stay up to date with Music School events, and share our posts with your networks to help spread the word about the Music School! We also hope you might consider recommending us on your neighborhood groups like NEXT DOOR. Personal recommendations and referrals are the most valuable advertising we can get! Also, if you are willing to post or distribute flyers, we would appreciate the support!