Hello Music School families and supporters!
- Our CALENDAR is up to date on the website. Please note we DO have classes and lessons on 10/13 Columbus Day, as well as 11/11 Veterans Day.
- DECEMBER VIRTUAL RECITAL ASSIGNMENTS will be emailed to you within a week, so keep an eye out for more information. Virtual Recitals are 12/7-12/12, and submissions are due 11/22. Virtual Recitals will include students in Private Lessons, Adventures, Kaleidoscope, Percussion Ensemble and Strum Class.
- DROP YOUR BALLOT AT THE BOX ON CAMPUS As a reminder, the campus is closed for the time being, but you are welcome to drive into the main church parking lot off of Fremont Avenue, and you’ll find the ballot box stationed right next to the church. The box is there now and will remain available through 11/3. (728 West Fremont Avenue Sunnyvale 94087)
- VIRTUAL COMMUNITY PICNIC INVITATION Howdy Neighbors! From all of us at Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church, we cordially invite you and your families to our Annual (virtual) Picnic occurring Sunday, November 15 at 5 p.m. We encourage all our friends from the Music School and Presbyterian Early Learning Center to register and share in this yearly community event. While we all wish we could be together in person, it is our hope that this online gathering will match the energy and entertainment of our heralded Annual Picnics! Gather picnic foods from your own tradition or from recipes sent from staff and teachers and then get ready for a Talent Show and Tell by children and youth. Got some talent (or anything else) you’d like to share? Whether silly, unique or professional, sign up on the registration form. Beyond that, we can’t wait to catch up with you, get some laughs and enjoy a wonderful evening with our Sunnyvale community. Won’t you join us? Please register no later than October 26 and then look for a package with some fun surprises on your doorstep. Click HERE to register. (Flyer attached)
- “SING TOGETHER” If you’ve ever wanted to sing in a virtual choir, now is your chance! Join us in “Sing Together” by Train. Singers of all ages are welcome, no previous singing experience necessary to participate. Click HERE for a link to our project folder. You’ll find recording instructions, sheet music, lyrics, and audio recordings of each part. Video submissions are due by November 6th. The final production will be shown at the Virtual Community Picnic and on Facebook. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need tech support or more guidance.
- CLASS OPENINGS – New students are still being accepted. Be sure to encourage your out-of-town family and friends to check us out- we are more accessible now that our classes are online! Email us or visit the website to register.
- Musical Play on Fridays 9:30-10:00 am for babies and parents
- Musical Treats on Tuesdays 9:30-10:00 am for age 2-3
- Music Box on Thursdays 9:30-10:00 am for age 3-4
- Pathways and Young Musicians and on Thursdays 3:30-4:15 for preschool-kinders
- Adventures on Mondays or Fridays 4:00-5:00 for grades 1-3
- Kaleidoscope on Tuesdays or Thursdays 4:00-5:00 for grades 4-7
- Strum Class on Mondays 6:30-7:30 pm for age 12+ (younger children can enroll with a parent)
- Music Theory on Tuesdays 6:30-7:30 pm for age 13+
- CURRENT PRIVATE LESSON OPENINGS:
- Voice (age 12+)- Monday 4:30, Tuesday 4:00
- Guitar (age 9+) – Tuesday 6:30 and Thursday 3:30 (continuing students), Saturday 12:15
- Flute/Clarinet/Recorder (age 9+) – Monday 4:15, Friday 6:45
- Flute (age 9+) – Wednesday 6:00
- Saxophone (age 9+) – Monday 7:30
- Trumpet/Trombone/Tuba (age 9+) – Tuesday 6:30, Thursday 5:30 or 6:00
- French Horn (age 9+) – Monday 3:00 or 3:30
- Drums (age 8+, beginners) – Monday 4:30
- Violin (age 8+) – Wednesday 3:00 or 6:00, Thursday 3:30, Friday 4:00 or 6:00
- Piano (age 6+) – Monday 3:30 or 4:00, Thursday 6:00, Friday 4:00 or 5:30, Saturday 11:30 or 12:00
- Piano (age 8+, intermediate or advanced) – Wednesday 5:30 or 7:00, Saturdays
- Other instruments/slots may be available upon request