Hello Music School families and supporters!
- THANK YOU to those who joined us for our Annual Teddy Bear Concert last month, and to our talented teachers for such wonderful performances! We had a large enthusiastic audience of little ones, along with their parents and teddy bears. In addition to carrying on a long-standing tradition, we donations were contributed to our Jan Williams Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- PAINTING over holiday break has made a huge difference to the look and feel of our classrooms and studios! Many, many thanks to SVPC Head of Maintenance Gama Ramirez, Church Administrator Ginna Traina, Music School Faculty Zach Denny, Susan Ogren, Sydney Keller, Kiren Balakrishnan, Abbey Christensen, Tejas Kadambi, and Super Parent Kristen Moriarty for transforming our rooms! Also, grandparent Bill Kunz (aka Bill the Builder) has spent hours repairing our piano and teaching materials for us. Thank you all for your efforts!
- ZACH DENNY has resigned as Director of Operations, and has moved to Massachusetts to join his fiancée Monica and begin their new life on the East Coast. Zach has been an important part of the Music School his whole life, and we wish him the very best! Special thanks to Kristen Moriarty, Susan Ogren, Karen Filice, and the 70+ friends and family that came together to surprise him on his last day with us.
- NEW ON STAFF is Office Administrator Rachel Rosenberg, Voice Teacher Michael Stahl, and Teaching Assistant Stuart Feng. Many of you saw Alli Gessner perform at our Teddy Bear Concert, and she is available for lessons in oboe or English Horn.
- CHANGE OF ENROLLMENT FORMS were mailed and distributed to private students through teachers this past week. This is for you to indicate your preference for your student – whether you would like to secure your lesson time with your teacher, or end the term in June as you originally enrolled. Any questions, please contact email@example.com. Forms are due May 1st.
- FEB 19th PRESIDENT’S DAY – NO CLASSES OR LESSONS. We do have classes and lessons the rest of the week, Tuesday through Saturday.
- UPCOMING OPPORTUNITIES:
- ROCK ACADEMY WORKSHOP March 17th and/or August 4th – 2:00 – 6:00 PM for ages 8+ (adults welcome) Join the band and rock out for the day!
- Music & Art Camp February 20-23, and/or April 16-20 – 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM for ages 4-10 – perfect for your kids during vacation!
- Exciting this summer – 7th – 12th graders – sign up for our Spotlight Theater production of “High School Musical Jr.” Rehearsals and performance in June.
- COMING UP:
- FEB 12th – Priority Registration for current students and families, for Summer and Fall classes. Schedules and descriptions on the website.
- FEB 26th – MARCH 3rd – Parent Visits for Adventures, Kaleidoscope, Pathways/Young Musicians classes. Schedules to be distributed by the individual teachers.
- MARCH 5th – Registration for Summer and Fall opens for new students
- MARCH 30th – Deadline for Silent Auction donations
- AMAZING STUDENT Austin Tao has been invited to perform in the County and Northern CA Honor Bands, the All-State Band, and has an upcoming audition for the National Band! Austin is a long-time clarinet student of Lisa Evans’, and we are very proud! Go get ‘em Austin!
- MUSIC SCHOOL ALUM Robert Collar will be playing the clarinet in the Stanford Collaborative Orchestra performance in Toyon Hall at Stanford University on Saturday February 17th. The concert will feature some great pieces for an introduction to orchestral instruments. The program will feature Peter and the Wolf by Prokofiev and William Tell Overture by Rossini. This is a great concert opportunity for students age 7 and up: https://www.google.com/search?q=stanford+collaborative+orchestra&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=nvi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisqf2qtYPZAhXn54MKHfRoDk8Q_AUIEygD&biw=414&bih=622#imgrc=R8-D2LMDBK1yuM:
- SPREAD THE WORD: We hope you might consider recommending us on your neighborhood groups like NEXT DOOR, and/or LIKE us on Facebook and share our posts with your own networks.