Hello Music School families and supporters!
- SPRING BREAK is Monday April 16th – Saturday April 21st. No regular classes or lessons will be held during this time.
- CAMP DURING SPRING BREAK: You can still sign up for Music and Art Camp April 16-20 – 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM for ages 4-10. Your kids will have a wonderfully creative week with teacher Debbie Sanfilippo!
- HONORS RECITAL PERFORMERS were superb! We are so proud of our wonderful students: Corey Wang, Cameron Wang, Sam Arthur, Ryan Hau, Nakoa Urbina, Kyle Morgan, Anay Shah, Sophia Trent, Cybille Irissou, Michael Chang, Nirmal Shiju, Megan Wang, Austin Tao, and our outstanding faculty: Mike Bastian, Anthony Urbina, Michael Farnsley, Nancy Whitecar, Anna Turkova, Lisa Evans, Robin Costa, Sam Brown, and Sam Shinnick. Click for a video of Austin Tao’s performance!
- SILENT AUCTION begins April 22nd! Every bid is appreciated, and all proceeds benefit the Music School and our students. We’re offering gift certificates for restaurants and fun family activities, children’s books, and an autographed photo of Buster Posey! We will remind you on the 22nd, but here is the link to save – please feel free to share it with friends and family: 32auctions.com/musicschool2018
- SPRING MUSICAL performances are May 5 & 6 – “Treasure Island” features students in our Adventures, Kaleidoscope and Connections classes, at Mountain View High School. Tickets are available now – com/TreasureIsland2018 or pre-order through the office. Invite friends and family via our Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/208089913287953/ or send them the event flyer on the website: https://themusicschool.org/whats-new/ Parents of cast members can go to https://chantelleurbina.weebly.com/musical.html for duplicate copies of handouts and costume examples.
- RECITAL ASSIGNMENTS were distributed via teachers and/or mail. The June Recital Series is June 4 – 9th. If you did not receive this information from your teachers, please contact the office to confirm your scheduled recital performance.
- PRIVATE LESSON CHANGE OF ENROLLMENT forms are due May 1st. If you do not submit yours, we will assume you are opting to end your enrollment when the original term ends June 9th, and your lesson time may be offered to another student. We encourage you to choose YES to Ongoing Lessons, as it is better for your students’ progress! If you wish to take the summer off and return in the fall, you may be able to schedule your lesson at the same time, but it will depend upon availability. Lesson times can be reserved up to one month in advance. Duplicate copies of the form are available in the office, and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- CURRENT PRIVATE LESSON OPENINGS:
- Voice (age 12+)- Monday 4:00
- Guitar (age 9+) – Tuesday 4:00, Friday 3:30, Friday 6:30
- Flute/Clarinet/Recorder (age 9+) – Thursday 6:15
- Flute (age 9+) – Wednesday 4:00
- Saxophone (age 9+) – Tuesday 3:30
- Trumpet/Trombone (age 9+) – Tuesday 5:00, Tuesday 5:30, Thursday 3:30, Friday 5:30
- Drums (age 8+, beginners) – Tuesday 5:00, Tuesday 5:30, Thursday 3:30, Friday 5:30
- Violin (age 5+) – Tuesday 5:00, Wednesday 4:30 or 5:00, Thursday 4:30 or 6:00, Friday 4:00
- Piano (age 6+) – Wednesday 3:45, Wednesday 4:15, Friday 7:00
- Piano (age 8+, intermediate or advanced) – Wednesday 6:00, Thursday 2:30 or 4:00
- Other instruments/slots may be available upon request
- REGISTRATION is open for Summer and Fall classes, camps and workshops. Check out https://themusicschool.org/courses/ or see our new display outside the office to see what we’re offering! We’re happy to talk to you about recommendations for your child, so stop by our office, email email@example.com, or speak to your teacher after class.
- HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL JR. AUDITIONS are Wed May 9th 6:00 – 9:00 pm. Select roles will be determined after these Open Auditions, and all students will participate in June 11th In-Class Auditions for the majority of the roles. Pick up a flyer outside the office or see the information on the website.
- SAVE THE DATE: June 9th 5:00 – 7:00 pm – Music School Open House, open to current families, friends and prospective students. Food trucks and performances by our students and faculty!
- CONGRATULATIONS to Hannah Oh, who received the CMEA Solo/Ensemble Festival’s highest rating of Command Performance! Hannah is a flute student of Margaret Collar.
- HAVE YOU LIKED us on Facebook? Stay up to date with Music School events, view our student performances like The Entertainers singing the National Anthem at Santa Clara University, and share our posts with your networks to help spread the word about the Music School! We also hope you might consider recommending us on your neighborhood groups like NEXT DOOR. Personal recommendations and referrals are the most valuable advertising we can get! Also, if you are willing to post or distribute flyers, we would appreciate the support!