The Music School COVID-19 Protocols for Private Lessons & Classes
Updated JANUARY 7, 2022
- Masks must be worn indoors and outdoors by staff, students, parents, and all visitors while on Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church campus, regardless of vaccination status.
- In the event the Santa Clara County mask mandate is lifted, the only people who will be permitted to remove their masks for the duration of their lessons on campus will be fully vaccinated Voice, Woodwind, and Brass students and teachers.
- Singing Children, Adventures, Kaleidoscope, The Entertainers, Voice Class, Strum Class, and Private Voice, Woodwind and Brass students must be fully vaccinated, and are required to submit proof of vaccination status to The Music School office before beginning instruction on campus.
- Voice, Woodwind and Brass students who are not fully vaccinated may only take lessons online and are not eligible for on campus instruction.
- As the vaccine gains FDA approval, we expect to eventually require vaccination for eligible students in ALL Music School classes and in-person lessons in the near future.
- Vaccination has been verified for all Music School faculty, staff, and volunteers.
- Music School Private Lesson students and staff members who stay home as a precaution are encouraged to hold lessons online in lieu of an in-person lesson, on their regular day and time.
- Music School Class students are encouraged to stay home as a precaution when necessary and will not be offered make-up classes, online instruction, or pro-rated tuition. Teachers will pay extra attention to help them keep up with curriculum when they return to class.
- Students and staff are required to stay home if they receive a positive antigen or PCR test result. See chart below for guidelines.
- Students and staff are required to stay home if they experience any COVID-19 symptoms and/or fever in excess of 100.4 degrees. See chart below for guidelines.
- Students and staff who are close contacts of a person who is positive for COVID-19 must stay home as defined in the chart below.
- Tuition charges will not be adjusted to accommodate student absences. Exceptions will be determined by the Director on a case-by-case basis.
- Students will sanitize their hands before and after instruction in the piano lab.
- Hand sanitizer, disposable masks, and contact-less thermometers will be available on campus for use.
- High-touch surfaces such as pianos, tables, doorknobs, and light switches will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Doors and windows will be kept open for maximum air flow. When doors and windows are closed, the heating/air-conditioning system will be turned on and each room will run an air purifier.
- Restrooms are available in the 200 and 700 buildings. Students will be directed to the 700 building for use during lessons or class time. Students and staff are encouraged to bring individual water bottles, which may be filled in the 400 wing.
- Parents and children who are not students should not enter the classrooms and studios unless they have submitted proof of vaccination to The Music School office in advance.
- The Music School shall require parents and staff to immediately report to administration if a household member or non-household close contact tests positive for COVID-19. Contact Chantelle Urbina, Director via firstname.lastname@example.org (408) 739-9248×407.
- In the event of an exposure, The Music School administrators will notify all families who have been exposed as a close contact. Confidentiality will be maintained as required by the county and state.
- The Music School administrators may notify the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department in the event of an outbreak of positive COVID-19 cases by emailing email@example.com and calling (408) 885-4214.
As recommendations from the CDC and state and county requirements continue to develop, we will adjust accordingly in some areas.
- Santa Clara County Public Health Department: https://www.scc.gov.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/k-12-guidance.html
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov
- Before you travel, check the Santa Clara County Public Health directive for the current travel restrictions: https://covid19.ca.gov/travel/#current-travel-recommendations