COVID PROTOCOLS FOR JUNE PROGRAMS
- All students, staff, and volunteers are age 12+ and will be fully or partially vaccinated when our program starts June 9th. All participants will be fully vaccinated by our performance on June 26th.
- Students will be monitored for mask-wearing and appropriate social-distancing while on campus, before, after, and during rehearsal time, including designated seating areas when eating on the patio.
- Each student will have a designated storage space for their personal belongings. Individual water bottles are to be brought from home, and may be filled on campus.
- Singers’ masks will be required for use by all students during rehearsals. Students may wear masks of their choice outside rehearsal time.
- Parent and volunteer involvement will be closely monitored, and vaccination status noted.
- Music School staff will park in the small faculty parking lot on Hollenbeck Road.
- Music School students and parents will park in the lot directly behind the 700 building.
- Music School rehearsals are held Monday-Friday roughly 3:00-9:00 pm, and additional weekend dates. A detailed schedule will be provided by the direcors. (PELC will have a weekday part-time class in the 800 wing from 9:00-1:00, and full-time programs in the 500 wing from 8:00-4:00 so there is no overlap in close proximity.)
- Music School students, staff, and volunteers will fill out a brief health questionnaire and will take and record their temperatures at the beginning of each rehearsal. (see HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE)
- Sign-in stations with questionnaires, contact-less thermometers, clean pencils, and hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the entrance to the 700 building, and in the 400 wing outside the Music School office room 402.
- Clean pencils will be accompanied by a labeled cup to deposit pencils for cleaning after use.
ACTIVITY IN THE 700 BUILDING/GYM
- Rehearsals will take place outside on the patio and the lawn whenever possible.
- When inside the gym, all doors will be kept open for maximum air flow. Fans will be utilized when needed.
- Rehearsals inside the gym will not include singing until June 16th. Masks will be worn by all participants regardless of vaccination status.
- The Music School storage closets upstairs in the 700 building will be utilized at a minimum, with windows opened when in use.
- All participants will use the restrooms in the 700 building. The restrooms in the 200 wing may be used by staff only.
- The water fountains in the 700 building will not be available for use. Water bottles may be filled in the 400 wing.
- All high-touch surfaces such as pianos, tables, doorknobs, and light switches will be disinfected daily.
ACTIVITY IN THE 400 WING
- Music School staff will utilize the office, classrooms, and studios with doors and windows open for maximum air flow.
- Portable air purifiers are provided for use in each room in case the doors and windows must be closed for air conditioning.
- Students will not hold activities on the lawn in the 400 wing.
- The water fountain will be available for bottle filling only.
- All high-touch surfaces such as pianos, computers, phones, tables, doorknobs, and light switches will be disinfected daily.
DEVELOPMENTS IN RECOMMENDATIONS
- As recommendations from the CDC and state and county requirements continue to develop, we will adjust accordingly in some areas.
- If the mask mandates are lifted, we may consider giving participants the option of dancing without masks when outdoors and with appropriate distancing.
DAILY HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
(see RESPONSE table)
|Temperature taken upon arrival?||(check) _________|
|Have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days (such as persistent cough, fever in excess of 100.4 degrees, chills, sore throat, shortness of breath, diarrhea, new loss of smell or taste, muscle pain)?||(circle) YES or NO|
|Have you had close contact (within six feet) to anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or any other communicable disease in the past 14 days?||(circle) YES or NO|
- The Music School shall require parents and staff to immediately report to administration if a household member or non-household close contact tests positive for COVID-19.
- Close contact is defined as being within six feet of a person infected with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes, beginning two days before the infected person had symptoms or tested positive.
- Fully Vaccinated Participants are Music School staff, students, and volunteers who are two weeks past receiving their second vaccine shot. Partially Vaccinated Participants are individuals who have received one or two vaccine shots, but are not two weeks past receiving their second vaccine shot.
- In the event of an exposure, The Music School administrators will notify all participating families. Confidentiality will be maintained as required by the county and state.
- The Music School administrators will immediately notify the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department of any positive COVID-19 case by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and calling (408) 885-4214.
- Rooms used by any COVID-19 positive person will be immediately closed off and will not be re-opened until the room is well ventilated, cleaned, and disinfected.
If a Music School student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, all partially vaccinated students will be considered close contacts and will be removed from the cast for required 10-day quarantine.
- Santa Clara County Public Health Department: https://www.scc.gov.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/index.html
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov
- Before you travel, check the Santa Clara County Public Health directive for the current travel restrictions: https://covid19.ca.gov/travel/#current-travel-recommendations