COVID PROTOCOLS FOR JULY PROGRAMS
THE MUSIC SCHOOL COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
for JULY Morning Camps and Theater Workshop
- Masks will be worn by all participants regardless of vaccination status.
- Students will be monitored for mask-wearing and appropriate social-distancing while on campus, before, after, and during camp/rehearsal time.
- Individual water bottles are to be brought from home, and may be filled on campus.
- Parent and volunteer involvement will be closely monitored, and vaccination status noted.
- Music School staff will park in the small faculty parking lot on Hollenbeck Road.
- Music School morning camp students and parents will park in the main parking lot next to the church on Fremont Avenue. Signs will be posted for foot traffic to avoid interaction with PELC student drop-off and pick-up.
- Music School theater students and parents will park in the lot behind the 700 building.
- No parking is permitted on the long driveway off Hollenbeck Road next to the preschool playground.
- Music School students, staff, and volunteers will fill out a brief health questionnaire and will take their temperatures upon arrival. (see HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE on next page)
- Sign-in stations with questionnaires, contact-less thermometers, clean pencils, and hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the entrance to the 700 building, and in the 400 wing outside the Music School office room 402.
- Clean pencils will be accompanied by a labeled cup to deposit pencils for cleaning after use.
ACTIVITIES FOR THEATER WORKSHOP
- Rehearsals will take place outside on the patio and the lawn whenever possible.
- When inside the gym in the 700 building, all doors will be kept open for maximum air flow. Fans will be utilized as needed.
- Students will be positioned 6 feet apart when singing inside the gym.
- Well-fitted masks will be required for all students. Singer masks are recommended, and will be available to purchase or borrow.
- All participants will use the restrooms in the 700 building.
- The water fountains in the 700 building will not be available for use. Water bottles may be filled in the 400 wing.
- All high-touch surfaces such as pianos, tables, doorknobs, and light switches will be disinfected daily.
ACTIVITIES FOR MORNING CAMPS – Music & Dance, Ukulele, Music & Art
- Activities will take place primarily outdoors under open canopies in the 400 wing.
- Some activities may be conducted in our classrooms. A maximum of 12 people will be inside classrooms 406, 405/404 and 403/401 at any time, with doors and windows open, or with the air-conditioning and air purifiers running. A maximum of 6 people will be inside our piano lab room 408 at any time.
- Some activities may be conducted in the gym in the 700 building, with all doors kept open for maximum air flow, and fans utilized as needed.
- In the event of a heat wave or poor air quality, we may move indoors to building 300, with the air-conditioning and air purifiers running.
- Each student will have a designated storage space for their personal belongings.
- Students will be escorted to the restrooms in the 700 building.
- The water fountain will be available for bottle filling only.
- All high-touch surfaces such as pianos, computers, phones, tables, doorknobs, and light switches will be disinfected daily.
DEVELOPMENTS IN RECOMMENDATIONS
- As recommendations from the CDC and state and county requirements continue to develop, we will adjust accordingly in some areas.
DAILY HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
|(see RESPONSE table on next page) Temperature taken upon arrival?||(check) _________|
|Have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days (such as persistent cough, fever in excess of 100.4 degrees, chills, sore throat, shortness of breath, diarrhea, new loss of smell or taste, muscle pain)?||(circle) YES or NO|
|Have you had close contact (within six feet) to anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or any other communicable disease in the past 14 days?||(circle) YES or NO|
- The Music School shall require parents and staff to immediately report to administration if a household member or non-household close contact tests positive for COVID-19.
- Close contact is defined as being within six feet of a person infected with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes, beginning two days before the infected person had symptoms or tested positive.
- Fully Vaccinated Participants are Music School staff, students, and volunteers who are two weeks past receiving their second vaccine shot. Partially Vaccinated Participants are individuals who have received one or two vaccine shots, but are not two weeks past receiving their second vaccine shot.
- In the event of an exposure, The Music School administrators will notify all participating families. Confidentiality will be maintained as required by the county and state.
- The Music School administrators will immediately notify the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department of any positive COVID-19 case by emailing email@example.com and calling (408) 885-4214.
- Rooms used by any COVID-19 positive person will be immediately closed off and will not be re-opened until the room is well ventilated, cleaned, and disinfected.
- Santa Clara County Public Health Department: https://www.scc.gov.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/index.html
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov
- Before you travel, check the Santa Clara County Public Health directive for the current travel restrictions: https://covid19.ca.gov/travel/#current-travel-recommendations