COVID PROTOCOLS FOR AUGUST PROGRAMS
THE MUSIC SCHOOL COVID-19 PROTOCOLS – 7/21/2021
- Masks are required for everyone on Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church campus.
- Students and teachers participating in Voice, Woodwind, and Brass instruments may remove their masks for the duration of their lessons if they are fully vaccinated.
- Some students will be required to submit proof of vaccination status to The Music School office before beginning classes/lessons on campus.
- Some students that are not eligible for vaccination will be offered online instruction as a substitute.
- Vaccination has been verified for all Music School faculty and staff.
- Music School students and staff members are encouraged to stay home as a precaution if there is any question of illness or exposure to COVID-19.
- Students and staff are required to stay home if they experience any COVID-19 symptoms such as persistent cough, fever in excess of 100.4 degrees, chills, sore throat, shortness of breath, diarrhea, new loss of smell or taste, muscle pain.
- Any student or staff member that experiences a fever in excess of 100.4 degrees may not return to campus until they have been fever-free for 72 hours or more without the use of medication, or they are fever-free and have obtained a negative test result for COVID-19.
- Any student or staff member that experiences a new loss of smell or taste, or a combination of 2 or more COVID-19 symptoms may not return to campus until their symptoms have resolved and they have obtained a negative test result for COVID-19.
- If an unvaccinated student has been exposed to a household member or non-household close contact (within 6 feet) who has tested positive for COVID-19, they may not return to campus for 10 days or until they have obtained a negative test result from a test taken at least 36 hours after the exposure.
- Tuition charges will not be adjusted to accommodate student absences. Exceptions will be determined by the Director on a case-by-case basis.
- Hand sanitizer, disposable masks, and contact-less thermometers will be available on campus for use.
- All high-touch surfaces such as pianos, tables, doorknobs, and light switches will be disinfected daily.
- Doors and windows will be kept open for maximum air flow.
- When doors and windows are closed, the air-conditioning system will be turned on and each room will run an air purifier.
- Restrooms are available in the 200 and 700 buildings. Students will be directed to the 700 building for use during lessons or class time.
- Students and staffed are encouraged to bring individual water bottles, which may be filled in the 400 wing.
- The Music School shall require parents and staff to immediately report to administration if a household member or non-household close contact tests positive for COVID-19. Contact Chantelle Urbina, Director via firstname.lastname@example.org (408) 739-9248×407.
- In the event of an exposure, The Music School administrators will notify all participating families who have been exposed. Confidentiality will be maintained as required by the county and state.
- The Music School administrators will notify the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department of any positive COVID-19 case by emailing email@example.com and calling (408) 885-4214.
- Rooms used by any COVID-19 positive person will be immediately closed off and will not be re-opened until the room is well ventilated, cleaned, and disinfected.
- Close contact is defined as being within six feet of a person infected with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes, beginning two days before the infected person had symptoms or tested positive.
- Fully Vaccinated Participants are Music School staff, students, and volunteers who are two weeks past receiving their second vaccine shot.
- Partially Vaccinated Participants are individuals who have received one or two vaccine shots, but are not two weeks past receiving their second vaccine shot.