Adventures – grades 1 – 3 Students participate in large group activities, small group centers, and individual projects to allow musical growth through positive experiences. Singing, musical games, music-reading, rhythmic activities, and skill development in listening promote FUN while learning about music. Students use the keyboard in our piano lab to explore, create, read musical symbols, and enjoy ensemble participation. Adventures students may choose to sign up as general music majors with no practice required, or choose to begin skill development on piano, recorder or violin, in which lessons are carefully planned for the child’s age, physical development, and concentration level. Majoring in piano, recorder or violin requires an instrument at home, and the child and parent(s) need to make a commitment to practice outside of class time. Performances in the Choral Festival, Spring Musical, and student recitals are included in the Regular Term class.
Materials: Adventures Activity Books, Connections Workbooks, Just Playing Piano Series, assignment books, and additional individually selected materials.
*While we are teaching online:
- All students need to be available from 5:00-5:30 PM after their class time. Piano, Violin, and Recorder Majors will receive group lessons, and General Majors will be given periodic opportunities for individual instruction
- We will not be accepting Violin Majors for students that do not have prior violin experience
- Some class materials will be shipped to your home at the beginning of the year, and throughout the rest of the term, digital resources will be provided via email and in Zoom classes. Additional materials will be provided as needed.
- Recitals will be held virtually in December and June.
- VIRTUAL SPRING MUSICAL PARTICIPATION
- REHEARSALS Wednesdays 4:30-5:30 pm, beginning January 6th through May 15th. No class on April 14th. Dress Rehearsals TBD.
- PERFORMANCE Saturday May 15th at 1:00 pm via Zoom. The performance will be recorded and shared for later viewing.
- FEES Our annual Spring Musical is a part of our Adventures and Kaleidoscope curriculum, so there will be no added cost to your monthly tuition, but we will charge a one-time $40 Production Fee per participating student. If your account is on auto-pay, we will apply this charge for you upon enrollment.
- What is a Virtual Spring Musical?
- Students will learn and rehearse songs, dances, and speaking lines in weekly rehearsals.
- Songs and some scenes will be video recorded in Zoom during weekly rehearsals.
- Some students may record and submit individual videos.
- Most students will perform portions of the show in a live production over Zoom.
- The final production will be performed in real time over Zoom, and will include a combination of live acting and pre-recorded musical numbers.
- What are expectations for parent participation? All parents will be needed for costume prep and technical help for their children. Additional volunteers may be needed to help coordinate costumes and assist with production. For the actual performance, our goal is to train the kids to manage their duties themselves, so that you can watch the show on another device and enjoy the performance!
FIXED MONTHLY TUITION: $115
FAMILY REGISTRATION FEE: $40
MATERIALS FEE: $40
ADDITIONAL FEES: Production Fee for Spring Musical participants due in January
2020 – 2021 TERM meets September 8, 2020 – June 5, 2021
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about LATE REGISTRATION.